No announcement yet.

Eden WT-600 Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've replaced all components on the heater schematic (R53, C33, D9, D10, D7, C31 and 100 ohm/10W), plus the two 1N4003 off the TX feeding the 100 ohm and at least the tube is getting 6VDC, enough to heat it up and signal is passing through, but still no lights.

The LED's on the EQ board are getting their voltage from the tube pin 4 though, and that's definitely not enough for them... should that be getting its power from somewhere else? I don't see the lights on the schematic so I don't know for sure.

Thanks
    -kdawg

Comment

No Lights

Do you have any LEDs that light.
      The green LED signifies DC is good.
      Can you trace out where the EQ LEDs go.
      Somehow they have to reach ground, preferably through a current limiting resistor.
      I can't find them on the schematic.
      I found compressor, limit, EQ clip LED's.
      Can you get any of them to light.
      Seems strange that Eden would use the heater voltage to illuminate LEDs.

Comment

Make sure if you replaced the fuse that you didn't put it in upside down. By that I mean some fuse holders are wired for 110v or 220v and by flipping the fuse holder around it makes contact with a different winding.

Comment

TWIST - you're a genius!

The person who I was repairing it for had replaced the fuse, not me so I never even checked!

Arrrg so many hours, everything powers up right now. Thanks so much!

-kdawg

Comment

I'm not a genius but I've chased the same ghost before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              Can you verify that your board agrees with the schematic that we are all working with .
              There are seven components.(minus the 100 ohm/10W R & rectifier diode).
              Make sure the polarities of the diodes & capacitors is correct. (backwards)
              We are dealing with a negative voltage.
              Remove the 12AX7 & measure the resistance from the TIP transistor emitter to ground. It should be zero ohms.
              Put the tube in & measure it again. Should be 20 ohms.
              I am having a overheating/cutoff problem with my Eden wt600 and came across this forum and want to thank everyone for thier input and providing the schematic. I tried contacting Eden for help without any luck and the local Eden repair group no longer supports Eden products.

Comment

Bleaghh! I just spent a couple of hours getting to the point where I checked for the upside-down fuseholder. Happened to notice this thread while looking for a better schematic.

Schematics that don't show voltages....ai-yi-yi.

Anyway, Twist, thanks for sharing that.
                -Erik
                Euthymia Electronics
                Alameda, CA USA
                Sanborn Farallon Amplifier

Comment

You are very welcome !

Comment

Y'know, I'm not too proud to admit that I search here when something stumps me. Same symptoms as the OP. And here's the thing, I LOOKED at the IEC jack and the little arrow was pointing to the "115." Guess what ...... Don't trust the little arrow that's molded into the jack. It doesn't control how the back was wired.
                    My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X