Help with Depth Mod Knob Ibanez DML (20) Modulation delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Depth Mod Knob Ibanez DML (20) Modulation delay

I scored on of these puppies tonight..... Nice. But......

It seemed to have a lot of high end transient spikes, and a it was a little bright with my rig.

I installed a cap across the repeats knob , It sounds WAY better now.

The inside of this thing is loaded with trimpots.
    I'm pretty sure those little pots have been monkeyed with

Anybody know what all these pots are?

I believe they are

- delay time. (It was set long, I put it back to stock, Does this one effect Modulation too?)

- repeats feedback (Turned it up a bit to compensate for the new mod)

- Bias ( It gets dirty all the way to the right or left, so.......For lack of a better idea I put it smack dab in the middle!)

-There's one vertically mounted trimpot on the top board for the external knobs too. This one made the wave sound unsymmetrical. (I found the spot where it sounded as in tune as possible with as much depth as I could get away with on a modulated delay sound.
    It took a LOT of tweaking to get it just right.

So..... I guess they put that crazy depth knob in there so that you tweak the pedal if you are using it just as a chorus or flanger, but I will never, ever, ever use this pedal as anything but a delay with modulation.

I would way rather install a new knob that's whole sweep is the equivalent to half or a third of the current pot. (I don't need crazy sounds, I just want more control over the sweet spot of the modulation.)

Anybody know off hand what value that depth pot is?? and what resistance pot to install to achieve my goal? Anybody know a make, model, and where to get a replacement pot the same physical size that will pop right in?

Is there any reason this mod wont work?

Thanks in Advance!!!!!
Working...
X