Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Knob Dual Showman

Hi,

I read somewhere here on MEF that the red knob Dual Showman's had the tubes soldered to a circuit board. RKDS that I have has all the tubes soldered to the chassis. I know very little about electronics, well I should say nothin'! But I have taken the amp apart and it has 2 green circuit boards one in the front (where the knobs are at) and one in the back (where you plugin the speakers and foot switch etc. In the middle there is a beige colored old looking board where some of the tube wires go to other places in there, and to the 2 circuit boards.

The amp sounds awesome! I am using 2 power tubes and 12AY7's in V1 and V3. A 12AX7 in V2. 12AX7 for pre-amp in and out and a 12AT7 in the PI. It doesn't have reverb though....

I forgot my question....

I remember now

Is it ok to use different preamp tubes in this amp?

Thanks

Comment

I can't think of ANY production tube amp that ever had its tubes soldered to anything. I make exception for any tiny tube pedal circuit using long-wire leaded subminiature tubes.

Of course you can use other tubes in your preamp. That has been discussed here many many times.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X