Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with IORIO amp problem/output tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with IORIO amp problem/output tranny?

Hello.

I am trying to repair an odd amp that I can't find any information on. It's an Iorio, which I believe to be an old accordion company. This is a guitar amp with an odd speaker configuration of a 12" and 2 8" speakers running at 6 ohms. I tried to wire in a switching jack to use an external speaker cab with it (the jack on the amp did not disengage the internal speakers) and in the process, it seems to not want to make a sound anymore.

This amp is super loud and super clean. Very hi-fi sounding.

Without a schematic, how can I guess how many watts it is? If my rewiring fried the output tranny, how can I test for that? I put a meter across the speaker output and got a short. Does that mean the transformer is cooked? If so, what are my guides for buying a replacement transformer?

Thanks for your anticipated wisdom!

Roger

Wire it back to the original configuration before you do anything or wire the OT directly to a known good and tested 8 ohm speaker. Is the pilot light on? Are the heaters lit? Do you have B+? If it is a tube amp and your switching jack mod shorted the output it probably didn't damage ith OT. If you wired it open and played through it you may have damaged the OT.

Comment

What transformer? Is this a tube amp? SOunds more like you mis-wired your new speaker jack arrangement and it has left a short across the output. Try disconnecting your work and restoring the original wiring. DOes it work that way.

Iorio made the Accorgan - and I don;t know what else. It was like a combo organ in an accordion body. A large cable connected the squeezebox to a "generator" box that sat on the floor. And from there to an amp.

There are a couple resources on this site that could pan out.
      Syn-Cordion Home
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Rodgre, does it resemble any of these amps made by the Sano amps?

Notice the third amp picture down and schematics at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragger View Post
          Rodgre, does it resemble any of these amps made by the Sano amps?

Notice the third amp picture down and schematics at the bottom of the page.
          YES! It looks similar to the 2nd and 3rd photo. The speakers are all on the front baffle, but the style of the cabinet and electronics is really similar. Thank you! Still searching....

Roger

Comment

Working...
          X