Schematic for a RCA SHC9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for a RCA SHC9

I picked up the 1958 phono and extention cabinet for $50 . I replaced all Wax caps but not the electrolytics because the amp is pretty quit the way it is. The amp is stereo and both channels share the same 5Y3 rectifier . Both have a 6V6 power tube and 6CG7's in the preamp section. THe amp was biased crazy hot with a 15ohm 2 watt resistor so i re-biased the amp with a 400ohm 10 watter and now its running about 8 watts per tube. Both tubes share the same cathode resistor . I would like to find a schematic for this rig so i can see what was in it originaly. I thought it was original but the bias issue makes me think otherwise.

thoughts welcome
    Baddog

If there was one power tube per channel, then it was running class A and the bias will seeem a lot hotter than the usual push pull setups.

See if SAMS Photofact covers it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ENZO

I plan on running this thing in class A all of the time. I have the extention cabinet so why not use it. Is it OK the way i have it biased since they bith share the same resistor?
      SAMS does have the schematic but i have to wait till the wife gives me my allowance before i can buy it.

Thanks
      Keith

Comment

Or sit down with a piece of paper and trace the circuit out by hand. I do that a lot, especially on small circuits like this.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

My wife has to work this weekend so i think ill give it a shot. Thanks
          Enzo

Comment

Stereo, single ended? Thenthe circuit will be duplicated, other than for shared parts. Tube circuits are all the same really, so think of it as a Champ or something. Draw the power tube on the page, add the pin numbers. Keep the way the Champ schematic is laid out in mind, and start filling in the blanks. You know the OT will go from plate to B+. The screen will either connect to the same B+ or a different B+ node. Cathode resistor to ground. And the grid will have a resistor to ground, and a cap from the previous stage.

Your triode stages should be straightforward. Soon it will look familiar.

Comment

I think im going to take your advice and print out a copy of the champ schematic or something like that and use it as a template. Great advice. Should save me some drawing time. What do you think about my bias setting?

I Think the last time i talked to you was when i needed help on my Peavey Mace Head. Its been a while.

Thanks as always
              Keith/Baddog

Comment

Working...
              X