Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird 70 fender humbuckers wiring in a tely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird 70 fender humbuckers wiring in a tely?

Hi everybody!

Just wondering, i've had a tely here, 3bolts type, with a strat neck and two original humbuckers. there's two red wires comming from the two tone pots to their respective humbuckers. Could someone explain? Kind of coil tap, because the tone controls are still connected to the volume pots! I didn't have time to do an electrical test, as the customer wanted it fast.

thanks a lot.

Bye.

Max.

Peavey had a setup where they would use the tone control as a coil tap. On 10 you had a single coil, and from about 8 on down was it worked like a regular tone control and humbucker.

I believe Peavey had a patent on that.. so I'm not sure if Fender was doing the same thing or not, but that's what it sounds like.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

It's kind of funny that there's no information about this. Dis was on a tely custom. and was original. Sorry, seemed original.
      Last edited by Satamax; 01-25-2007, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X