Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1512 pre tube swap/order

hey troops!
    trying to tame gain w tube swaps.i'm confused about which sockets do what.
    i'm thinkin v1 is input ay7 (45v) should sweeten and give clean headroom and sensitivity to touch and guit vol pot -v2 I'm not sure about, so i guess i'll stay w the ax7(100v)-usually v3 would be phase inverter...i think,but i think it's reverb too? would an at7(60v)calm the rev and also further tame gain?am i shooting myself in the foot w the v3 swap? If anybody can help me with the pre tube order and functions that would be great...or successfull swaps that worked for you would be great too. thanks! (v1512 tone tub, 175 bucks..sweet)

Crate V1512

The first tube (farthest from the output tubes) is the input tube.
    The second tube is tone control.
    The third tube is phase inverter.
    The reverb circuit is ICs.
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks bass!
      i'm thinkin the ay is right to tame gain i v1-leaving the ax in v2(tone) is there any benefit in lessoning output from th pi w an at (60v)? i've heard a cupla guys saying they've put at's(60v) and even au's(20v)in the pi ...wouldnt the lower power pi tube just lesson the punch of the power tubes(els)?
      thanks.

Comment

Hi Hoksila—

After putting a 12U7 in V1, gain and bass was still over the top so I swapped C1 and C5 2.2µF caps for .47µF caps. Now I actually get to use the gain and bass pots!

I still lose clean gain at about 2~3 but the buzz doesn't kick in until 6~7 now. As far as bass response goes, now I can leave it at 5 with humbuckers.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X