buzzing amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing amp

I have a fender stage 100 amp that i am getting this loud buzzing as soon as I turn it on. It does this when there is something plugged into it and when there is nothing plugged into it. I have tried pugging it into different outlets around the house but no luck.

When I play the guitar through the amp the buzz turns into what i can best describe as a pulsating buzz.

Any ideas would be great as I am hoping to sell this amp as it has sat for a coupled years since I am no longer able to play.

It sounds like a filter cap has gone bad or more likely broken a solder joint and come loose from the board.

Try thumping the top of the amp with your fist to see if you can make buzz stop or at least change. If you can, then you'll know that one of the filter caps has come loose and will need to be re-soldered.

Comment

Thumping the top made no difference

Comment

Well then the next step would be to pull the chassis out to check for loose filter caps or broken connections.

Is this something that you want to do, or would it be better to sell it as is, or to take it in for repair?

Comment

how hard is it to take apart, i don't mind fixing it, would probably get more for it if it works properly.

Comment

Working...
          X