Current booster circuit with TDA2050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current booster circuit with TDA2050

Hi! I'm looking for a constructive suggestion about this one. Here's a schematic with TDA2030 opamp and transistors BD243A/BD244A.

Other parts value from left to right:

C1=2,2mF(16V); R1=47kohm; R2=1k8; D1,D2=1N4148; R3=47kohm; C2=47mF(16V); R4=1k8; R5,R6=2,2 ohms; C4, C5 and C6=100nF; C7,C8=22mF(40V), R7=1ohm;C3=220nF, and protection diodes are 1N4001

I was thinking, is it possible to replace the TDA2030+BD243A/BD244A for TDA2050+BD249C/BD250C, and also, should I replace the other part's value?

Thanks!

I would like to help you with your question however i cannot bring up the schematic

Comment

Yeah, now I can't see it either, but it was there. Anyway, I'll give it a try. Ihope now you can see it, though its of very poor quality.
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, just try it and see what happens!

However, I wouldn't try to get a huge increase in power/voltage over the original circuit. It won't be as reliable as a proper discrete power amp. The TDA2050 is limited to 25V rails, and that will limit your output power.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Well, yeah, I'm aware of the voltage limitations of TDA2050, so if there will be no significant increase in the output power, what would be the improvement that would offer those additional transistors in the output? The opamp alone would give around 20 to 25W rms into 8ohms.

Comment

Well, the TDA2030 can't supply as much current as the 2050, so it'll get more benefit from the booster transistors.

The boosters probably allow more power into 4 ohm and 2 ohm loads before the TDA chip burns out. So would throwing it in the bin and getting a LM3886.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Yeah I was considering that too. Thanks!

Comment

I have nothing to add, i agree with steve

Comment

Working...
                X