Wide Range Humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Range Humbucker

what would be a good alternative to the WRH? The reissues blow, and the market value has gone way up on the vintage originals in the past couple of years. i'm looking for something less expensive, but which also offers a comparable thick, rich, powerful, yet appealing high end sound of the originals.

There are a few custom pickup makers offering an upgrade for the Wide Range pickups, Curtis Novak, Pete Biltoft and Telenator.

Comment

Originally posted by Down Time View Post
      There are a few custom pickup makers offering an upgrade for the Wide Range pickups, Curtis Novak, Pete Biltoft and Telenator.
      Add Jason Lollar to the list.
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

I stumbled on this old thread. The hardware for WRHB are now available trough Crazy parts in Germany (and possibly for other suppliers too). As threaded magnets are also available I think that the market for good WRHB replicas will look better. Personally I have rebuilt several reissues and made ted HB-sized replicas before and its certainly not for everybody. However I love the sound and as the parts are now up for sale I'm going to add original sized WRHBs to my line, I'm sure more will follow

Comment

Working...
        X