Single conductor to 4 conductor coversion help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single conductor to 4 conductor coversion help

I have a few old '59's and seth's that are single conductor. I would like to make them 4 conductor for use in my PRS with a 5 way switch. Can anyone tell me or steer me to a diagram that will help me color code these Duncan sigles conductor to Duncan color coded 4 conductors?
    I am aware that i would have to flip the magnet on one of the pickups in that guitar to have it work correctly.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Ross T Baltimore Md

It doesn't really matter how you color them. Once you get the coils removed, braided wire desoldered, etc, you will be able to see the coils. Take the start and ends and attach whatever colored wire you want to them. Just write down what you do. Why do you want to flip a magnet?
    Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

Automan, Thank you very much for you quick response

I will be color coding them to match the diagram on the following site GuitarElectronics.com Pickup Color Codes

I just want to be sure I know which is the start and which is the finish on the single conductor duncan once I get it appart. Can I assume the start on the duncan single conductor is always on the out side of the coil per this diagram?

From what I understand the magnet flip, I have been told, is necessary for the PRS wiring to be hum canceling in all positions.

Comment

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of color codes from Duncan:

Wiring Diagram

Has just about every brand, and shows start/finish etc.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
        X