pussy fuzz! jon spencer blue explosion pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point mr hammer!

But I would like to add that I have seen some HP-1 guts pics with this 4K7 value, what I didn't see until I knew this unit is the way it is arranged in relation to the diodes. anyway theres a lot of clones being shot as originals, so who knows...

Comment

good call, mark. this could possibly be (part of) a good workaround for those that don't have any of the 1n695's on hand.

Comment

Does this look correct? I'm a bit of rube when it comes to mapping schematics out on stripboard. And I know, there's no R5 or C5, thought I'd keep it consistent with Alex's work.
        Last edited by Dave Kerr; 03-13-2010, 07:19 PM. Reason: removed layout, should have read last night's updates in a different forum!

Comment

My gess about Albini's unit joining every new info about it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Saralbin.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	816906

Just built it and it sounds more close to the Albinis's HP-1 unit than the Pussy Fuzz circuit shown here, IMHO.
          Anyway, the guitar, amp and Albini's playng do make a real difference, as I tested with different guitars and tried several playing styles and found different behaviours...

Comment

The initial pictures show what appears to be a 10uf electrolytic cap to ground from the two emitters, rather than the 47uf tantalum that Alex shows.

It's a fairly simple matter to insert a toggle to switch between the two and see if it makes a useful difference in tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
              The initial pictures show what appears to be a 10uf electrolytic cap to ground from the two emitters, rather than the 47uf tantalum that Alex shows.

It's a fairly simple matter to insert a toggle to switch between the two and see if it makes a useful difference in tone.
              Right, but the pictures here show the Pussy Fuzz unit, not the original one owned by Mr Albini. I did coincidently the test you suggested and there's a real difference in overall sound. I've tried a suggestion a friend gave me about to put a 1nF poly cap in parallel with the lytic but it didn't have much effect. I used the same parameters and component materials Mr Bill posted on another forum from his own measures and notations. The cap in question is 47uF.
              Last edited by Alex Frias; 03-15-2010, 01:20 AM.

Comment

The Albinati - supposed clone

My boxed HP-1 clone based upon Mr bill annotations:

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Size:	545.0 KB
ID:	818624

Name:	IMG_0162.JPG
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	818625

Comment

cool! got any sound samples or youtubes for this sucker yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X