CNC Winder Controller Board group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Elepro- View Post
    i sent you a PM right now .... you and David King will receive updated PIC for free in the next days....

...new version fix some bugs and add possibility to changing tensioner value during winding....

ciao
    Hi Elepro

I was just wondering if you had managed to send the updated pic, there´s no rush as I have to get some guitars ready for the guitar ranch show at Soave at the end of the month and won`t be finishing the winder till the beginning of May.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post
      You might get more eyeballs by having a thread stickied to the top of this forum for a while instead.
      That's not a bad idea either.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
        Hi Elepro

I was just wondering if you had managed to send the updated pic, there´s no rush as I have to get some guitars ready for the guitar ranch show at Soave at the end of the month and won`t be finishing the winder till the beginning of May.

Cheers

Andrew
        I don't think Elepro has sent these out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          I don't think Elepro has sent these out yet.
          Hi David

Thanks for the message, i´m in no rush at the moment, i´ve got to much to do as it is.

All the best

Andrew

Comment

excuse me for late... i have bricklayers in my new lab

i will ship tomorrow....

bye
            .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
            .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

Hi Elepro

I hope there´s not to much dust in the lab, and make sure to give the workers wine and beer after the job´s done and not before.

Cheers

Andrew
              Last edited by the great waldo; 04-08-2010, 11:35 AM. Reason: missed a bit

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                Hi Elepro

I hope there´s not to much dust in the lab, and make sure to give the workers wine and beer after the job´s done and not before.

Cheers

Andrew
                Bricklayers in Italy work ON wine and beer.
                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

Could this explain the tower in Pisa ?

Cheers

Andrew
                  Last edited by the great waldo; 04-09-2010, 08:33 AM. Reason: missed a line

Comment

updated PIC shipped...

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                    yes... tomorrow is the last day with them
                    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
                    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

PIC has arrived!

I'm still buried in work but I'll need to start winding again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                        PIC has arrived!

I'm still buried in work but I'll need to start winding again soon.
                        Mine arrived aswell, the rest as with David buried in work, I´ll start making the winder beginning of May.

Andrew

Comment

Does anyone have any interest in coming up with a "kit" of sorts for a DIY CNC Winder? Instructions, parts list, etc?

Or is this already in the works and I've missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Turner View Post
                            Does anyone have any interest in coming up with a "kit" of sorts for a DIY CNC Winder? Instructions, parts list, etc?

Or is this already in the works and I've missed it?

There is no kit, or even a set list of parts, but there is a lot of info in this thread, including parts used by the few forum members that started building one.

I'm only at the stage where I have my motors and controllers and a few other parts, but haven't assembled anything yet.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t13215/
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Chris,
                              I think that's a reasonable request but we are all struggling with budget restraints so that the generic parts of the system are being acquired piecemeal as our individual finances permit and as the various parts appear on ebay etc. Paying 1/3 or less the full price is just too attractive even while the risk of getting parts that are unsuitable or defunct exists.

Again, besides the Elepro controller, you will need 2 small stepper motors either nema 17 or nema 23 size and about 100 n/m torque with between 1.5 and 3V/phase. You will need a 18-28 VAC power transformer with at least 96VA capacity, a bridge rectifier, some power filter caps (OR a switching power supply in the 32-40VDC range with 2-4A output).
                              You'll need two stepper motor drivers in the 2-4A range that can handle 32-40VDC supply.
                              The mechanical parts are all up to you and the design you select upon. As more of us get our prototypes up and running I'm sure the designs will start to coalesce around the most practical approaches with the fewest number of parts.

Overall budget seems to be about $400 though you can easily double that if you choose all new, off-the-shelf drivers, steppers and power supply with new linear bearings and ballscrew for the traverse.
                              Last edited by David King; 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM. Reason: Added some stuff..

Comment

Oh yeah... the power supply! I forgot that part.

Comment

Working...
                                X