Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting inside my Behringer acx1000 amp

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to get inside my Behringer Ultracoustic acx1000 amp so that I can fix a smashed in instrument jack. It fell forward and the jack got pushed in and no longer works. The other jack (Line/Inst) works ok. I'm hoping that it's a minor problem.

My problem is getting inside the thing. It's all encased by the wood and I need some help figuring out how to get the head off of it. I removed the screws but nothing moves.

Well, from here I see 5 or 6 black screws in the top that have to come out. And looks like one on each side at the ends of the control panel. Then the chassis ought to come out the rear.

I don;t recall if this is one or not, but on some amps like this, you have to remove a speaker to go inside and disconnect the speaker wires to allow enough slack to pull the chassis out. Label or chart the wires, because I couldn;t tell you what color wire goes where.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo

Ya, your idea of removing the speakers was good. When I did, I noticed that the speaker wires are soldered to the speakers and simply went up into the chassis through a hole in mid-top. What was holding me up was that the bolts in the sides that hold the angle-bars was blocking the unit from sliding out. Once I had all the bolts out - I went back and forth with it till it slid out enough for me to inspect the jacks.

Ya, the top jack seems to be broken - I'll probably have to remove that part of it and investigate further.

Thank you for your great help...

al

Comment

Oh yes, I have run into that. I now recall having to pull off the tilt legs to get the thing apart. Sorry.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X