No announcement yet.

mods on a jcm 2000 tsl 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ray I really appreciate it. Sorry for being a pest!! Thanks for spending sometime and helping me out I think you're the only person out of several forums that was able to help. Thanks again!!

Comment

Kevin,

No problem at all - I usually have at least some problem reading these newer Marshall prints. I got lucky right away with the gain channel, but until I can trace CON 3/pin 3 on the 'Crunch Channel' page to a believable destination (references to 'rat's nest purposes' always making me a little nervous ), I'd rather leave you with a little remaining fizz than possibly screw up the sound of another channel.

I've heard your same complaint a number of times about these amps, and I've noticed the fizz myself on the few I've played; hopefully this info may help someone else out too.

Ray

Comment

Tsl 60?

Do these mods apply to the TSL 60 Head as well? I'm looking to swap out my transformers because I bought the amp on ebay and I think they were changed. They have $20 price tags on both of them and say drake's transformers. I don't believe that these are the old Drake transformers used in the 60s (???), but I think they would cost more than $20 bucks each... Any one know what transformers to pick up for the TSL 60? Lookin at the mercury magnets but they are really pricey...

Since my amp is completely ripped apart, I might as well try this mod as I've noticed a little fizzing going on. These are mods are easily reversible correct? So yea if you guys know if this mod is compatible or what the deal is with my transformers let me know!!! Thanks!

Comment

Are you sure these are price tags and not lot codes?

Seems pricey to swap out transformers just because there are stickers on them. Does the amp work with them?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

They are definitely price tags. The amp works but just doesn't sound like the ones in the music stores. Sounds thinner than those ones...

Comment

Capacitors in the TSL

Can someone tell me what are the little square caps that are being used in this amp, and what kind of quality are they?

Comment

could you do the same thing to a jcm 2000 DSL? in that case, where?

Comment

Marshall JCM 2000 TSL

Hello out there, I know this is a really old thread but I thought I would take a chance to see if I can get a response. I Have a TLS100 that since I had bought felt it was fizzy sounding on the lead channel. I recently found this link Anchor States: Amp guts: complete Marshall TSL mods and have actually made all the mods. step by step includding the MM tformers and Ckoke. 100% improvement. The question I have, there was an update 4/4/09 in regards to removing even more fizz which I have also done. I changed the vr2 cap from 47pf to 68pf on the lead channel board. I think the lead channel now sounds fine to my liking. What I don't like is the clean channel has now become almost lifeless. I will sometimes play over the clean channel with a distortion pedal. The notes tend to die very quickly, no sustain. This didn't start until the last mod. Could the mod I made to the lead channel affect the clean channel? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X