Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my First Build: 2 Stroke Amp Success

Finished my First Build: 2 Stroke Amp
    Thought you all might like to see my 2 Stroke Amp. I built it from the Dave Hunter Book "The Guitar Amp Handbook". I just took my time and it came out great and sounds really good. It's SE Class A, you can use different power and preamp tubes, has an impedance switch, a 3 position boost switch and vol and tone controls. depending on tubes about 4-10 watts. I sourced all the parts and used a weber 5F2A chassis. I'm going to use a 2 speaker combo cab using a weber 10" 10F150 and a 8" 8F150. Now this has set the "hook" in me to really learn about all the finer details of Amp electronics, building and troubleshooting.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Rob

sigpic

Hello,

Nice build, How does it sound?

Any clips?

JB

Comment

What are you going to build next?

Comment

JB, Thanks, I will get some clips together or a youtube so you can hear it.

Smitty,
        I want to build a bass amp. I may have to go the kit route. I have to see what my options are.
        Rob

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordog View Post
          Hello,

Nice build, How does it sound?

Any clips?

JB
          Here is a audio clip, it's just the guitar plugged into the amp, no doctoring of the audio, its just a dry take, using fender jag neck pickup, 12" tonkerlite speaker, It's pretty clean, I had the amp dimed but rolled the guitar vol down a bit. feel free to give me a hard time on this take

RLS - N o W h e r e R a d i o . c o m
          Last edited by rsmalling; 06-05-2010, 04:16 AM.
          Rob

sigpic

Comment

No hard time, sounds really good. Very nice bluesy tone. I'm curious what it would sound like with hotter pickups? Like a Les Paul or some such.
            But sounds really good as it is.

JB

Comment

Can I ask where you sourced your hookup wire?

Comment

Originally posted by JHow View Post
                Can I ask where you sourced your hookup wire?
                Looks like the stuff you get from Weber VST with their kits - 2CW
                Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

JB,
                  I'll plug my SG into it today and see what it sounds like. Can't believe I haven't tried humbuckers out in it yet. I hope I'm not turning into a single coil snob!
                  Rob

sigpic

Comment

I got the hook up and shielded wire from Antique Electronic Supply and the stranded wire I used is the excess wire from the PT and the OT. I sourced out all the electronic stuff from tubes and more as well. Got the chassis and PT from Weber.
                    Last edited by rsmalling; 06-05-2010, 04:00 PM. Reason: content
                    Rob

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X