64 Bandmaster Tremolo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Bandmaster Tremolo Switch

Can I use a regular on off(FS-1) with a 1/4in plug cut off, and a RCA jack put on insted?.Is ground the Tip.

Yes, the switch should ground the tip to turn on the vibrato.

Comment

64 Bandmaster Switch

Just to be sure I just unsolder the 1/4 in plug,om the (Old Style FS-1) and be sure the tip is to ground on the RCA Plug?

Comment

There are two wires on the original footswitch one that was the tip of the 1/4" and one that was the sleeve or ground. Original wires were two conductor lamp cord, no shield.

There is no polarity for the trem circuit so one wire will be the new RCA hot and the other will be the RCA shell or ground, it doesn't matter.

If your original wire was a shielded cable use the shield as ground and the center conductor as the hot.

Comment

So it IS the same as a reg 1/4 plug? I just spent $450.00at Kendricks to get this amp working.It was stolen from me for over 22 yrs A Pawn Shop back East Coast found the little piece of tape inside with my moms phone # Gave it back to me $150.It sounds really great I just started to play it,I didn't want to spend $50. for a fender Vibro switch if one of these old mound type would work.Gerald Webber really made it sound cool..Never let a friend of a friend near your guitars and amps.Thanks for the help

Comment

GOD... what did anyone do for $450.00 to get it working? Man, that feels like robbery all over again.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

It was alot but it does really sound great the shiping was $70 round trip.

Comment

Working...
              X