Line6 dl4 doesn't power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 dl4 doesn't power up

Hi, yesterday my pedal refused to work after flawless function for years. Robert M. Martinelli suggested that I start a new thread for this, so here it is. When plugged into the AC jack and the the mono input jack plugged in, none of the footswitches work. LEDs don't activate and there is no effect. However, when the unit is turned off, the bypass signal works fine. I first attempted a factory reset, but the LEDs didn't flash like they normally do during a reset, so I'm assuming that it didn't work. Next, I unplugged the adaptor, put new batteries in and still had no function.

I stumbled upon another thread in the forum discussing a similar issue, so I followed those posts and began measuring voltages for components that die the most often. Since it didn't work for either batteries or the adapter, so I started by testing the MAX887 (U14), coming up with 3.33VDC between pins 5 and 7. It seemed good, so I moved to MAX660 (U20), and had 3.31VDC between pins 3 and 5 and 6.49VDC between 5 and 8. the LM3480 had 4.95VDC between pins 1 and 3. They all seem pretty good. I admit that I don't know which pin is 8 and which is 1, so I kind of just went in both directions and if I got the proper voltage counting in one direction, then I assumed it worked.

The D16 and maybe the D11 look fried just by looking at them, but I'm under the impression that they come before the battery power, so batteries should work. However, they do not, so even if D16 and D11 are damaged, there still seems to be a problem later in the circuit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Threlyn View Post
    The D16 and maybe the D11 look fried just by looking at them, but I'm under the impression that they come before the battery power, so batteries should work. However, they do not, so even if D16 and D11 are damaged, there still seems to be a problem later in the circuit.
    I would replace the fried looking parts first if it were me.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
    X