5150 Block Letter Footswitch Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 Block Letter Footswitch Needed!

Bought this guy earlier this week and just went out to go start tinkering with it and noticed that it didn't come with a footswitch. Just wanted to know if anyone had one of these things laying around or an equivalent that would work out - even a wiring diagram so perhaps I could fashion one up (hopefully i'm not too thick skulled). I live in the Lansing, MI area and would be happy to pay for the pedal and shipping costs if someone was so helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone that has some information.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Gee, I live in Lansing also. If you need help, the shop is open evenings. 517-882-2544.

A basic two-button stomp switch will work this amp fine. The jack is a TRS jack, and the two functions controlled are done so by simple grounding. You could add a series LED to either switch if you like.

Peavey will send the amp schematic on request from their customer service. The footswitch circuits are simple.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

is this something that you might have laying around the shop? I'd be more than happy to come grab it from you - just loaded the thing into the ATA road box and i'm half way there. Thanks

Comment

Lying around the shop? No. But generic two button switches should be staples at the various music stores around or Musicians Friend. And don't forget the Okemos Best Buy has a surprisingly complete music store section now.

If you want to be handy, get a diecast metal box, and mount a couple switches in it. Fulton Radio locally should have that. Get a molded TRS 1/4" cable and cut one end off, and wire it to the switchbox. Or make it detatchable - put a TRS jack on the switchbox, and plug a TRS patch cord between box and amp.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X