Fender wide range humbucker repros again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender wide range humbucker repros again

here you go I finally got everything together to make repros of the old fender wide range humbucker, unlike a few others others these are the proper size and will fit directly into any fender guitar routed for a wide range size humbucker.
    Proper size bobbins are made in shop- covers, baseplates, reflector plate, magnet wire, and lead wire are all made to spec for me in the US- no more having to retrofit new parts into old covers.
    Notice i said repros rather than clones - I am not using Cunife- you dont need to if you do it right (as telenator will attest to) and they sound within a knats ass of the originals only the new ones sound a little clearer and better overall.

Lollar Pickups Blog » Blog Archive » Lollar Version of Wide Range Humbucker Available Soon

That took along time to get those done.

Jason, were those pics taken in your new music room?
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

They look and sound very nice Jason.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

that is the new room- you might be able make out a B-3 a 122 and a clav D -6 in the background- its got everything laid out and easily accessable unlike on the front page of my website- the way it use to be all jammed together

Comment

Originally posted by jason lollar View Post
          that is the new room- you might be able make out a B-3 a 122 and a clav D -6 in the background- its got everything laid out and easily accessable unlike on the front page of my website- the way it use to be all jammed together
          Your B-3 (and Leslie) were in your living room when Anne and I were there last August.
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Dammit Jason, this isn't helping my medical condition (i.e., guitar aquisition syndrome) one bit. Now I will have to get my hands on a thinline tele with some of these in it. Those look and sound super. Love the sound. Just when I was hoping to concentrate on one thing like paf clones you have to come out with something like this.. Now I won't be able to sleep properly until I get me a thinline tele or a Starcaster with some of these in it. I was hoping to save the tele's for later, but not now. Thanks for nothing dude.
            www.sonnywalton.com
            How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

I always wanted a D-6. I used to borrow one back in the 70's. Fun little things. I have a different kind of vintage keyboard, an Oberheim Matrix-6.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

I forgot you had come out- I have 3 122 cabs hooked up to it now and I have an old tall boy - I think its a 31h that I am going to convert to two speed motors and put a 122 amp in it so I will have 4. I needed a big room for that!
                I had the D -6 for 10 years + someone gave me that and its been gone through
                I have a whurlitzer 120 someone gave to me years ago and I sent it to vintage vibe keyboards for them to completely redo in trade for some design work on rhodes pickups and I am getting it back this thursday- check it out
                YouTube - Wurlitzer 120 progress
                and finished YouTube - Wurlitzer Electric Piano Model 120 Custom Restoration- Thru Nolatone amplifier look at that thing gleam!
                it was so hammered they would have normally probably thrown it out!
                The only oberheim thing I have is an old drum machine- does that sly stone / shuggie otis thing- that PFFT SSSTZZZ kind of thing pretty funny- i think it has that 80's hand clap module installed

Comment

The only oberheim thing I have is an old drum machine- does that sly stone / shuggie otis thing- that PFFT SSSTZZZ kind of thing pretty funny- i think it has that 80's hand clap module installed
                  I remember those, the Oberheim DMX! (or the DX). I used to have an E-mu Drumulator. That also had those claps! Good old 12-bit samples!

Comment

...I have a whurlitzer 120 someone gave to me years ago and I sent it to vintage vibe keyboards for them to completely redo in trade for some design work on rhodes pickups and I am getting it back this thursday- check it out
                    YouTube - Wurlitzer 120 progress
                    and finished YouTube - Wurlitzer Electric Piano Model 120 Custom Restoration- Thru Nolatone amplifier look at that thing gleam!...
                    Very cool clips. Didn't Burton Cummings use one of those in the Guess Who?
                    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

yikes- burton cummings- I dont recall!!! but I think the band Faces used one alot- its all over old recordings- very different animal than a rhodes, different tone, sustain and action

Comment

I love Wurlitzers. Some famous examples... Ray Charles used one of What'd I Say. Van Halen used one on And the Cradle Will Rock. That band SuperTramp used them to death, Logical Song, etc. Queen on You're My Best Friend. Three Dog Night on Mama Told Me Not To Come.

Here's a whole list:

Wurlitzer electric piano: Recorded examples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh yeah and Burton Cummings - The Guess Who - "These Eyes" I forgot about them.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                          ...Oh yeah and Burton Cummings - The Guess Who - "These Eyes"
                          Yeah baby! that's the tune that popped into my head when I heared the sound on those clips Jason posted.
                          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Did ya wack your hair off man!! Kool stuff. I was kinda wondering about the cunife poles and others thoughts..

Comment

Working...
                            X