Circuit check - Fuzz pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit check - Fuzz pedal

I'm planing to build a fuzz box out of spare parts. It's based on the notorious Fuzz Face. I just put together a scheme and I'd like to get some pointers on it.

Trim was added because I read that it helps controlling the sound of the Fuzz in a good way. Ge is germanium transistors ans Sil is silicon transistors. All values are uF and Ohm.

Scheme
    Click image for larger version

Name:	double_fuzz.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	862821
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Interesting idea- have you built it yet? How does it work?

I've wondered if this would work or if you'd need to switch the emitter or collector as well.

jamie

Comment

No I haven't build it as of yet. I'll let you know how it sounds when it's ready.

I guess I'll only use one of the 'channels' but it's fun to be able to test both silicon and germanium.

Comment

Compared to a regular FF, I think that the 20k pot would be 1 or 2k, and the 470k would be 470ohms.
        RG Keen advises that with Si FF, small caps between C-B could be fitted to reduce fizz, see
        Technology of the Fuzz Face - Frame Definition
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

pdf64 - Thank, puh! I intended to use the 470 as you pointed out. I know about the 20k pot, but this is going to be an überfuzz. Seriously, I just put it there in the scheme, I might as well order a proper one. That cap you're talking about could be fitted as a fix later on. I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

Working...
          X