Humbucker Bobbin Screw and Slug Alloy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
    ...I recall from Possum's reports that most ordinary "steel" machine screws are made of 1022 or the like, unless some alloy is specifically cited...
    Yeah, I'm suprised Possum hasn't posted in this thread, this is right up his alley.
    (wonder if he's alright?)
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
      I'll grant that many of the alloys are tool steels, but so what? They are steel. We can still misuse them for our own purposes.
      I've used O1 steel for blades for a while. I thought it sounded fine.

I had heard that some pole screws also had lead in them, like one of the 12L* steels.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Many do use 12L14, and its a great sounding alloy. Most screw makers will use 1215 which is also a great sounding alloy. They are all part of a class of quick machining steels.

bel

Comment

The lead is in those steel alloys to act as a lubricant for any machining processes, just like there's lead in free machining brass.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
            Many do use 12L14, and its a great sounding alloy. Most screw makers will use 1215 which is also a great sounding alloy. They are all part of a class of quick machining steels.

bel
            Are The 12L14, & 15 Alloy parts available. Or are these parts a guy has to make?
            Peace,
            Terry
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

mojo sells 1215 slugs.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                mojo sells 1215 slugs.
                they are listed as 1010 steel i think they sound ok
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

A necro-thread indeed.

1010 steel -- AddictionFX has or at least used to have the bucker screws in 1010 but suddenly he won't respond. When I try to buy through Ebay it says "seller does not want your bids or offers". Tried emailing him, he has no phone number, no response.

Anyone know what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                    1010 steel -- AddictionFX has or at least used to have the bucker screws in 1010 but suddenly he won't respond. When I try to buy through Ebay it says "seller does not want your bids or offers". Tried emailing him, he has no phone number, no response.

Anyone know what's going on?
                    You're using addiction-fx@hotmail.com?

I JUST got an order in the mail this week although there has been varying delays in communication.

Comment

Working...
                    X