Need to find GOLD DPDT full-size switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find GOLD DPDT full-size switches

I'm building a custom amp for myself...and I want everything to match.

I wasted a few hours last night, and few this morning looking for gold plated switches...but all I can find are mini-switches.

I have a sunburst Tele with all gold hardware, and a pearl pickguard. So for the amp, I am using a burgandy/gold weave grille with gold piping, dark red stain, gold corners, gold knobs with pearl inlays, pearl faceplate...

I need a power switch in gold, and a tone stack bypass switch in gold.

I can't beileve it's this much of a challenge to find gold switches!!!

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ron vogel; 10-02-2010, 04:08 PM.

Don't know that I have ever seen them. You might go to the hobby store and get some gold model paint. This is show biz, so it is the effect, not the reality that matters. No one would know until they got up real close.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Amber tinted guitar lacquer may make a decent looking "gold" over the top of chrome. Or...get some electroplating gear and plate your own. Maybe check to see if theres a place that does plating near you and see if they can plate them for you with something that looks like gold, but isn't real gold. Or real spendy.....

I like the look of gold hardware, but it doesn't take long for it to start looking shitty.....specially on something getting alot of action....like a switch handle.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

DPDT On-On GOLD Contact Toggle switch - $8.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I don't think the switch itself is gold plated, but it looks close in the pic.

Comment

Working...
        X