Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG50DFX sound problem

Hi All
    Ok so i bought a mg50 dfx today off ebay, the seller said it was working, but when i got it, it didnt work.
    First off i plugged my guitar in and nothing was coming thru the loud speaker, i tried a few different cables but it seems thats not the problem. Then whilst the guitar was still plugged into the input i put some headphones in and it works fine, sound a little crappy but i get sound. Took the headphones out and nothing.
    Has any one experienced this problem before?

I have had the amp apart, everything looks intact, fuse etc, i nothiced two diodes red, green, the flash when the guitar is strummed so its definetly registering something. I have also check for loose connections on the actual speaker itself and they are all fine.
    If someone could help me that would be fantastic, i was soooo looking forward to jamming on this amp.
    Thanks in advance
    Zak

Did a wire come off the speaker while in transit?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      No i have taken the speaker out and put it into a cd player headphones jack and also plugged it into the headphone jack on the amp the speaker itself is fine. As soon as i input the speaker into the loudspeaker jack at the back of the unit everythin goes dead.
      I have had a good look round the circuit board this morning and everything seem to be ok. I have cleaned the loudspeaker jack. But i cant get it to work. I maybe thinking that there is a pre amp issue but im not really clued up on amps.

Comment

Working...
      X