effective way to despool from non- tapered spools without snags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effective way to despool from non- tapered spools without snags

dont know if anyone would find this useful but in the past i was having trouble with mojo 1/2 lb spools snagging the edge or coiling up during a wind.well i saw a wisker disk replacement online called ....cats meow wisker despooler ...so i got to thinking i can make this....so i took a guitar string speed winder drilled a hole in the peg end and put a 3-4 inch rod in it extending beond spool edge.the handle goes into the spool center hole with a spacer on the floor and a pin to hold it from jumping up there is a swivel loop on the end of the rod hanging over spool edge the wire goes through the swivel it works well and no tangles no spool edge snags on flatside spools or damaged edge spools.if using a wider spool than the end going into the spool would have to be longer.simple but works .if you type in cats meow wisker despooler fisher baker corp. in your browser they show a pic you will get the idea. i plan to make something later that is adjustable but thought some may find
    this useful .maybe everyone is already using them maybe i was the only one having this trouble,i dunno?just thought id share hope everyone had a great thanksgiving ,derek
Working...
X