Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to build a solid state power amp. Class D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to build a solid state power amp. Class D?

What's a good chip to base this on? I'm looking for something I gig with, something that's pretty clean sounding.
    I've seen the TDA2040, which is 22W at 18V, but I think I might need more power than that.

Class D IC

TDA 7482
    Class D
    25W
    Datasheet:http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...onics/5200.pdf
    Attached Files

Comment

Well that's not significantly more powerful, right? I need something that will remain reasonably compact and clean but still get over drums.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Comment

What about this?
        Free Schematic Diagram at www.circuitdiagram.net
        Where do I go about getting a bipolar power supply like that, though?

Comment

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHN...CD00002355.pdf
          This guy will do 40Watts. Class D.
          That link that you supplied is used on a lot of amps.
          Marshall comes to mind.
          There MG stuff.
          It is a class AB amplifier ic.

Comment

If you want Class D, buy a ready-made module. It's hard to do properly.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Also search (here) for the Crate Power Block schematic, it has 2 x 75W/4 ohms class D channels.
              That said, it's complex and even they, with all that corporate muscle behind, had to drop it.
              Maybe a nice old technology AB amplifier, such as an LM3886 fills the bill.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Actually I own a power block, but I was hoping to find a more compact design that that. Haha.

Comment

Actually I own a power block, but I was hoping to find a more compact design that that.
                  WTF

Or, to state it better, since I did not find the *very* surprised/dumb smilie I was looking for:
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I don't see why it's so confusing. Something as big as the EHX 44 Caliber would have been cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X