Vox AC30 cc crackling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC30 cc crackling

There's no problem for the first 5 minutes, bet afterwards, there is a crackling that responds to my playing. Has anyone experienced this problem before, and what could be the possible causes.
    ps i dont think its a solder problem because it always perfectly works for about 5-7 minutes, so i gues it has something to do with the tubes/heat generated by them, but for i know nothing about electronics i might be wrong
    thanx

So don't think about a solder problem - just remelt them all. It takes less time than considering all of the things it could be.

If it still crackles, solder definitely isn't it.

dirty sockets, jacks, grounding contact; old fenders were notorious for crackling from old plate resistors; even intermittent paths through dust and bar-grunge will do it.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

And heat is known to either draw a bad solder joint apart or at times, push the parts back into conduction and clear up the "problem" so like R.G. I suggest that you remelt the solder joints first.

Comment

I had a similar problem with an AD60VC. I found a number of bad solder joints which I resoldered and haven't had a problem since. To thoroughly check each solder joint I stripped the amp down into its individual circuit boards and used a magnifying glass to check them. I found that the jack sockets were the main culprits. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X