No announcement yet.

Anyone know what the Gibson Crestline series of amps is going for ($$$)? GA-8T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the Gibson Crestline series of amps is going for ($$$)? GA-8T

I have one of those ugly brown Crestline Discoverers (now there were two versions of this I believe. Mine has the 6X4 rectifier and 6bm8 tubes, I think the other had a 5Y3 rectifer and el84s). My circuit is the same as the Epiphone EA-35 IIRC.

Anyway. Are these $150 amps? $300 amps? Gawd-awful styling and most of these that I have seen have rust on the crome panels (this one is no exception).

SOUNDS KILLER once I replaced the C12N (probably non-original) with a modern 12" with a 1.75" vc.

Thanks for all input. I sold most of my amps in the late 90s to finance a wedding ring, so I am a bit out of the loop as far as prices go. I have seen a few on ePay for $399 buy it now, but not sure they are selling at that price.

Mine is missing the back panel and has a replacement 12" but otherwise complete with recap and upgraded power cord. Awesome tremolo with a cool wooden wedge footpedal.

Your best bet on finding pricing is to regularly check completed auctions on ebay. That way you can see if they actually did sell.
    I know I always figure part of the shipping when buying there as part of the purchase price, so they go for somewhat less than a local purchase you can actually see, hear and smell.
    With a missing back panel and a replacement speaker the real collectors won't want to pay as much, and the slightly unusual output tubes could hold it back a little.
    A while ago I got a very early tweedy 1960 Discoverer in almost perfect condition for $300 plus shipping. Worth every penny!

Comment

Working...
    X