Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil PC2X LCD Screen Replacement

Hi
    Anyone know where I can buy one of these ?
    Currently waiting a reply from local agent but apparently
    it is actually this I'm told ?
    http://www.tianma.com/web/uploads/spec/410tm202JFF6.pdf
    Tianma(TM202JFF6) 20X2 unit

thanks

Did you contact Kurzweil and ask about it?

Support - US & Canada | Kurzweil Music Systems
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hello,
      Kurzweil is now handled through American Music & Sound 800-431-2609...we're authorized for them...glen

Comment

The website I linked calls them out as the US distributor. When they split off from Young Chang, I let my relationship lapse, it almost never comes up anymore.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          The website I linked calls them out as the US distributor. When they split off from Young Chang, I let my relationship lapse, it almost never comes up anymore.

It is really correct first of all to address to manufacturer, but often they do not answer.
          In this case it makes sense to address to distributors and not only to own country.
          I have an example from my own experience, when I did not receive any answer from Kurweil,
          but I could order needed parts from their German distributor.

If these ways were unsuccessful, try to address to LCD manufacturer. Some of manufacturers are quite friendly.

The final way is to found suitable cross LCD for replacement. As a rule it’s not a big problem.
          Both the display and background colors are not important.
          Important features are: display size, display format (characters and lines quantity) and electrical interface.
          Electrical interface usually is standard: supply and brightness level voltages, 8-bit data bus, write and
          enable signals, backlight voltage.
          The only handwork to do it yourself is to make suitable cable with needed connector.

Comment

well, i haven't had any problems contacting or ordering parts from American Music & Sound. So, you might give them a try...glen

Comment

Thanks guys

Yes I do normally go direct to the local service agent as decreed by the mother company.
              In this case I had ..apparently they arrive here via Korea who are out of stock and
              the local guys were going to contact Kurtzweil and let me know.
              I have sent a follow up email as I had no reply.
              I find sometimes they get their knickers in a knot if I try to bypass the local agent
              which is fair enough but maybe I'll wait a few days for them to reply before I dob 'em in to head office !
              Meantime I'll try to find an equivalent and/or track down the Tianma(TM202JFF6) 20X2 unit.

Of course they may have been flooded ..although one would think that their email service should still work...

Comment

If it has 2 rows of 20 characters, it's most likely just a HD44780 compatible. (Edit: Just saw datasheet link in first post- it is one)

HD44780 Character LCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any 2x20 with the mounting holes and pins in the right places should do. Try Ebay etc. But beware, backlight connections differ between models.
                "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks Steve !

Comment

Working...
                  X