Vintage DeArmond Guitar Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage DeArmond Guitar Mike

Hi Everyone, I am just wanting some of your expert help please!

I have came into possession of a lovely Martin Tenor guitar, 1933 Model 0-17T. It had attached to it a DeArmond Guitar Mike, which works perfectly, just needs a clean.

What I am wondering is did these pick ups come with the guitar originally or has it been added later. If it has been added later could anyone help me date it, please? I am very interested in this guitar and the mike, although I do plan to sell them eventually. I suppose what I want to know is whether it would be best to sell them seperately or together.

Thank You!

The Dearmond most certainly would have been an aftermarket add-on and probably dates from the 50s or 60s. Certainly post-war. It also looks to be a model made specifically for tenor guitar, which is going to limit its appeal. It looks to me like the pickup goes to a jack mounted somewhere on the guitar. If you remove the pickup, you're going to leave a hole. Probably best to sell them as a pair.

Comment

Thank You very much Sweetfinger! You're right there would be a hole in the guitar if I took it out. I will leave them together then, a friend of mine is after it now so they will go to a good home. The guitar and the pick up have both been unloved for a long time before it came into my possession.

Thanks Again! I'll be back in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by UkuleleLady View Post
        ... The guitar and the pick up have both been unloved for a long time...
        An unloved Martin... that's like an unloved girl scout cookie. What's not to love?

Comment

I know!!! That's one of the reasons I'm so keen to research and rehome it as soon as possible because I'm prety sure it's been languishing on a shelf for about 25 years! I'm lucky enough to own a Martin ukulele which I love dearly, so I know they are as good as their reputation suggests, and it deserves to be played, and played well.

Comment

Working...
          X