65 Twin Reissue problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Twin Reissue problems

My amp 65 Twin Reissue worked good for a year than one day I turned it on and started usind the reverb with my Strat guitar and this was about 20 seconds after I turned it on. All was good. The reverb worked and I had the volume at 3 and all the other pots at 5 except the vibrato which I was not using set at zero. After about 30 seconds the amp started making a loud hissing sound that didn't stop till I put the reverb control knob to zero which also killed my volume even though It was still set at 3. So channel 2 wasent working. I pluged my guitar into channel 1 and that worked. I swithed the 2 12AT7 tubes and still had the same problem with channel 2. Then I unpluged the white ane red RCA plugs to the tank and got back channel 2 with no problems except no reverb. I don't use a foot switch so thats not being considered. I am thinking of how to test the tank. I am also wondering if it is posibable that both my 12AT7 tubes are shot.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by tboy; 02-11-2011, 11:21 PM.

Maybe the issue is with V4: mixer 12AX7.
    Swap it with Normal Channel V1.
    The 12AT7 tubes work.
    You proved it by installing each in V6, the phase inverter, which is common to both channels.
    Attached Files

Comment

Switch V1 and V4 seemed to solve the problem.

Jazz P Bass
      I dont know why but when I switched the V1 and V4 12AX7s "IT WORKED"!
      Now the amp works better than ever. It is quiet and I played it over 1 hour on
      both channels at once. Guitar on channel 1 and a mic with voice on ch 2 with reverb.
      than I left it on stand by for an hour and it was still good. I am pretty sure
      it is fixed but I don't know why it worked unless maybe the tubes matched up
      better or fit tighter in their respective circuits? Do you think I should replace the 12AX7 that I put into the V1 Normal channel or just let it be?
      Thank you for your help.

Bart

Comment

If the Normal channel & the Vibrato channel both work, "Let It Be".

Comment

Working...
        X