Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing my Peavey rage 158. What kinda pots and any mods while im in there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing my Peavey rage 158. What kinda pots and any mods while im in there.

Hi, since I got my other amp rolling I can now take my back up offline for some log overdue maintenance. Also, my success with fixing my last amp has got me on a roll.
    Good little amp but the low and high pot got smashed in.
    On the schematic the pots are labelled 50ka for the low and 50kl for the high.
    Where is a good source for replacements on these? whats the difference in the letters there. I'm assuming a 50k ohm pot is a 50 kohm pot?
    Any other quick cap mods or anything I can do while im in there?
    Thanks.

A
    a 50k ohm pot is a 50 kohm pot
    but a 50kA ohm pot is not a 50L kohm pot.
    Where is a good source for replacements on these?
    Peavey itself or any of the usual suspects (Mouser, Digikey, etc.)
    Any other quick cap mods or anything I can do while im in there?
    What *is* a quick cap mod?

As the speaker said: "I'm baffled"
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

CALL the parts department at Peavey and order the controls.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

called peavey and learned something also.

Ok first of all I gotta say I'm learning. I learned that the l and a pots references the taper.
        So if anyone wants to give some more detail on that i'd be down.
        I called peavey this morning and for a whopping 5.00 I got both pots and a knob.
        The girl sounded pretty sweet and it was a great start to the day. Pots may be here in a week and in the meantime I'll work on getting the old pots out.
        Thanks for the advice, I'm sold on peavey now, I can totaly respect a company that advovates fixing your gear on your own. Not to mention that they got all the schematics and manuals in a nice neat site. And I started in on the faq side of the site it was awesome...

Comment

A = Audio Taper
          L = Linear Taper

Comment

Sometimes the linear ones will be marked B.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

[QUOTE=yggdrasil;206365]
              The girl sounded pretty sweet QUOTE]

Melanie?

Comment

Isn't it interesting that when people get good service from a company they often remember the name (Melanie) or the person. When they get bad service it is usually "they" or "the system". Also notice how Enzo emphasized "CALL"-ing, in-person. I like hearing about customer-service success stories. Companies often pay lip service to the idea that good employees are their best asset, but I think it really is true.
                Last edited by JHow; 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Customer Support

Yeah.
                  Peavey CS rocks.

Comment

In my view, Peavey stands head and shoulders above the rest in customer support.

I do prefer calling, but in the case of Peavey, you can ask the parts department questions by email, but you cannot place an order by email, you need to call to place an order.

Comment

Working...
                    X