Sir. Junctive Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir. Junctive Filter

It dawned on me the similarities of these two mods. With the conjunctive filter adding the DC blocking cap. So an idea is to also add the Cerrem resistor as an option. Too bad the resistors are so different as one could use the same, but just switch in the cap.

I love the darker tone one gets with the (switchable) filter, I'm sure Neal Schone or Santana might too.

Anyone ever tried a P-PPMV along these lines (or a bit of both)? Say a .1 cap and a 470Ω resistor. Sure impedances will stray but if it works and nothing fries...Rock On!
    Attached Files

As long as the resistor is big enough. (Simcha Delft suggested that I try this at one time - to cut sizzling highs, but I went back and changed the pre-amp voicing instead). I'd be keen to hear some 'before' and 'after' soundbytes if you're going to do this.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Does the power handling of the resistor really have to be 10W ?

Comment

Perhaps even bigger, I just bought a couple of 20 watters — for the Cerrem one anyways. They're only a couple dollars if that. This could be a better approach for the cheaper el84 tubes too.

Comment

Working...
        X