Shure bullet mic model 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shure bullet mic model 52

Anyone know the resistance reading for the element in a shure bullet mic model 52, Echodyne? It's a high impedience dynamic element.
    Thanks,
    Duane

If it measures open, chances are pretty good the thing is bad.

As to who knows, I'd bet Shure knows, if you ask them. Probably send you a data sheet on the mic. In fact there might even be such data sheets on their web site. I haven;t been there myself.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

As I recall they usually measure 1 or 2 K or so if you put an ohmmeter across them. Yes somewhere on the Shure site there used to be a lot of manuals and specs on old mic models.

Comment

I ran jumper wires to a transducer from a newer low impedience element and got okay out put. Now I know the transducer coil is bad. Going to try to wind my own.
        I checked the Shure website for specs but didn't see any impedience specs. Will wind the coil with the same diameter magnet wire to the same OD and thickness. That's about as close as I can get to the original.
        Thanks for the ideas,
        Duane

Comment

I found a product sheet, but it had little tech data. 1948 or some similar year. Don;t rely on their web site, CONTACT Shure and ask about it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X