Some basic Floyd Rose questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic Floyd Rose questions

I'm trying to restore a Yamaha RGX 421D for someone, and it is my first encounter with a Floyd Rose vibrato arm. Time to change the strings. Have to confess complete naiveté about them. Is one always supposed to cut the ends off the strings for installation, or is that unique to specific models?

The one i had did. Its easier i guess. i thought that a bit weird too.

Comment

There are models (perhaps only "licenced" models) that do not require the ball ends be removed. I do think most FR type bridges do though.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

It's been a looong time since I've restrung a Floyd, but I think you do on some wound strings, depending on the wrap over the core. IIRC, I used to put them in backwards as well (i.e. ball end side towards the tuners). As Chuck says, I think there were also some licensed Floyd-types where you put the ball end into a compartment(something like that).

Comment

Working...
        X