No announcement yet.

Hofner Bass wiring schematics/layouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hofner Bass wiring schematics/layouts?

Where might one find this sort of info? I have a broken 'new' one I need to look at for a friend - bringing it around later (I haven't seen it yet). (The switches are misbehaving or something). Are the new ones pc-board mounted? Does anyone know?
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Never mind. Found it.

Karl Höfner GmbH & Co KG - 500/1

here (FWIW):

Karl Höfner GmbH & Co KG - Wiring diagrams

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Googled it, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        Googled it, didn't you?
        ;-)

Turns out it was a pc-board mounted asian rim knockoff and the Treble On switch was dodgy. At the owners request I shorted the switch (to make in permanently on) and he went away happy (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
          ;-)

Turns out it was a pc-board mounted asian rim knockoff and the Treble On switch was dodgy. At the owners request I shorted the switch (to make in permanently on) and he went away happy (for now).
          Can the pc board be easily be removed, Or are you stuck with it?
          Terry
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Hi big-teee

Time will tell I guess. I did suggest doing a PTP layout with new switches and pots, but he was happy just to have the switch shorted.

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
              Hi big-teee

Time will tell I guess. I did suggest doing a PTP layout with new switches and pots, but he was happy just to have the switch shorted.
              I'm for PTP, but the circuit boards seem to be the way everything is going even in Guitars.
              Thanks,
              Terry
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Working...
              X