Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Baldwin Orgasonic amp project

Hi All,

I recently parted with $50 and hauled a 1958 Baldwin Orgasonic Model 41 P into my basement with the intentions of either making it work or salvaging it for a guitar amp.

I'm having trouble finding a schematic or information on the amp section. I am capable of working with the high voltage safely and diagraming the circuit, however, it would be nice to have the schematic or maybe some insights on how success I might be in the end.

The unit powers up and all the tube filaments are ok, however, there is no sound. When I plug headphones into the jack (installed by someone in the past) I can hear very faint tone as keys are pressed. Its very very faint.

Any ideas on how to start into making this a Marshall Plexi (ha ha)

Archie

Well, you solved your problem already in the post, as far as repair is concerned. Draw your own schematic diagram, based on what you have in front of you, and post it here. You say you have the ability to do that, so do it, as odds are it's unlikely you'll find the exact shematic you're looking for. Maybe it's not such a good idea to go plugging headphones into jacks before you know what is going on in the amp. Are you sure that it is a headphone jack? As far as making a plexi, that's a whole 'nother ballgame. Use the search function, there are several threads here on the topic of converting organ amps.
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Hi Juliana, I just recently found this website. Did you ever get your 41P working?
      I recently bought one for $20. I have no idea what I am doing but was wondering
      if you came across an owners manual anywhere for it. thanks. mary

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...-schematic.jpg

That's a link to the schematic for the 51P, which might be close to what you've got. The service manual is available online, for a nominal fee. Try Googling your model number.
        Are you looking to use yours as an organ or convert it to a guitar amp?

RWood

Comment

Working...
        X