Mackie Thump TH-18s problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie Thump TH-18s problems

Hello everyone this is my first post here. A customer recently brought in a Mackie TH-18s powered sub. It would cut out while in use and if you tapped on the power amp unit itself. It went from cutting out to showing OL and Thermal LED's, with the thermal LED switching on and off every few seconds or so and the signal led flickering when this happened.
    I found another thread pointing to issues with the filter board so I went through that, no luck.
    Has anyone had similar issues with this? Any help would be appreciated.

hello, we've seen a few of these & if my recollection is correct for this model there is a separate board with coils on it that is plugged in to the main board. the solder connections on the spade type lugs on it that plug into the main board become bad. If allowed to go too far, the amp will eventually blow taking the speaker with it. I may be mixed up with one of the sub woofers like the srm1801. Not at the shop now to look in my book.
    Mackie merely replaces the entire board if the speaker is under warranty & it's not a simple (right!) problem, so we really haven't gone much further at this point as they're fairly new. glen

Comment

Working...
    X