Adding Treble/Bass to 5E3 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Treble/Bass to 5E3 Deluxe

I have a homemade Fender 5E3 Deluxe that I'm wanting to mod. I based the amp on this schematic:

http://www.webphix.com/schematic%20h..._5e3_schem.pdf

And it's pretty much exact with a few minor exceptions. I'm looking at putting in a treble and bass control, perhaps both of those for each channel if possible. If that isn't feasible I would be fine with having one of each control that could control both channels. Does anyone know what would be the best thing for me to do here?

Well you could use the normal "E series" tone stack (as represented on Duncan TSC, if you don't have Duncan TSC you can get it here:TSC)

You can place it after the volume junctions and keep the channel interactive nature of the 5e3 OR place one tone stack behind each volume control and change to the non interactive wiring scheme. I think a tone stack before each volume WITH the interactive wiring scheme could result in unusual and large losses at some settings.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I would put a stacked pot in the tone control hole that way you don't have to mod the chassis, you have treble and bass and you keep the interaction of the channels. This amp has the channels in phase so with a jumper you can use them both at the same time which is a nice effect at times.

Comment

Working...
      X