Suitable low cost gaussmeter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable low cost gaussmeter?

Hello everyone - spotted one of these on ebay listed as a ghost hunting tool hah.

Electromagnetic EMF Ghost Meter Paranormal/GAUSSMETER | eBay UK

any use? would it work with static magnets and be the right kind of sensitivity range?
    http://www.jacksinstrumentservices.com

If anyone has a good deal on a PKE meter, let me know...

Comment

I bought one of those EMF meters on Ebay that you've linked to ...it didn't help with my pickup making at all, but I found out that my middle son is a Poltergeist - he's now in the care of social services. so for me, it was good buy - my household food & clothing costs have dropped considerably.

Comment

These EMF meters for ghosthunting should not be marketed as "gauss meters". They should be marketed as "milligauss meters" as they can only measure very weak magnetic fields. The magnets used in pickups require a Gauss meter or Tesla meter.
        I wonder if anyone has used a digital weigh scale to measure coercivity in magnets.

Comment

Did you contact Elepro
          he's a member here , that done a few gauss meter group buy kind of thing
          http://music-electronics-forum.com/t20033/
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Hello, Jack.

For guitar pickups, you measure between 10 and 1700 Gauss (0.001 to 0.170 Tesla) and must select your magnetometer accordingly.

Earth magnetic field is about 0.5 to 0.6 Gauss, so anything that can measure that will be swamped by a Telecaster pole piece.
            "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

holy shit that's funny!

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
              I bought one of those EMF meters on Ebay that you've linked to ...it didn't help with my pickup making at all, but I found out that my middle son is a Poltergeist - he's now in the care of social services. so for me, it was good buy - my household food & clothing costs have dropped considerably.

Comment

Working...
              X