Custom Tube Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Tube Chart

Does anybody know a good source that print out custom tube charts?

Just about any word processing program and a LASER printer will do the job. The trick is making things stay where you put them. The Windows Paint program works better at leaving things where you put them, but sometimes the letters get fuzzy, especially if you save your work as a jpg. You could compose and print your chart at 200% and the reduce it in a photo copier. If you are on an Apple platform, there must be a simple graphics or Publishing program available.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

You could make a really cool hand drafted master with a few variables left out and then use the resources at your local office supply/copy center to print finalized copies. These would probably be the best looking ones. But if it were me...

I'd just use paint. As noted, the resolution will be much better if you draw it large and shrink it with a better program than paint. You could avoid the copy centers if you have a scanner/copier. Just draw the original to fill an entire sheet of paper and print one straight off the bitmap file. That will avoid the hash you get when saving to gif or jpeg. Then scan and shrink and print however many you need. Making changes to the original file as needed.

You could even make them look kind of "vintage" by altering the draw color to be a brown/black instead of the modern blue/black. Even change the background color to slightly off white. You could take it as far as using a brown/black ink color and a mottled off white/yellowed background for a distressed look.

I'm certain "I" could do it. So it can't be that tough.

Art supply stores usually sell spray cans of fixatives that will help reduce any ink smudging and bleeding. It gives the paper a cool parchement look too.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
      X