Carvin R600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin R600

I'm looking for Carvin R600 power amp schematic. This is I think one of the first versions - it uses IRFP240/9240 MOSFETs. It is not available on Carvin's web site.

Mark

Carvin R600 Schematic

This is what I have.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks but this is not what I'm looking for. The one I need uses IRFP MOSFETs, there are 2 fuses on each board and each power amp is on a separate printed board.
      I think that it is one of the earliest versions because it has very poor cooling. In later versions the colling was corrected.

Mark

Comment

I got that schematic from Emeric @ Carvin.
        I will inquire if an older version is available.
        Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you. But this is not that urgent. I often fix amp without schematic. Let me know if you get any info.

Mark

Comment

A good chance is also that some other Carvin schematic is similar enough, if not exactly the same. Their power amp designs are pretty generic and they don't "invent the wheel" again for each of their amps so another amp from the correct time period likely uses about the same PA circuit design with perhaps a few differences in the number of output devices, power supply voltages and maybe feedback resistor ratios.

If exactly matching component designations and schematics is not an issue you can likely find a suitable "road map" from another schematic.

Comment

I received an EMail from Emeric @ Carvin.
              The R600 schematic is the oldest that he has.

( I have seen this issue before (Yorkville comes to mind) where the only copies that are available are the latest rev's.)
              Liability issues from crappy designs?

Comment

Originally posted by teemuk View Post
                A good chance is also that some other Carvin schematic is similar enough, if not exactly the same. Their power amp designs are pretty generic and they don't "invent the wheel" again for each of their amps so another amp from the correct time period likely uses about the same PA circuit design with perhaps a few differences in the number of output devices, power supply voltages and maybe feedback resistor ratios.
                If exactly matching component designations and schematics is not an issue you can likely find a suitable "road map" from another schematic.
                Thanks Teemu. The amp is already fixed (problems with output stage). I'd like to seee the schematic to check whether there are any guidelines regarding amp biasing and fuses used (not described on the board).
                For a moment I thought that this is not original power amp but it is assembled so nice that now I think that this is one of the first versions of their MOSFET power amp.
                The amp is not bad but the cooling is so poor that it is no wonder that they changed the power amp quickly.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X