Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanhe TT wire details - sanity check needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanhe TT wire details - sanity check needed!

ok, after much to'ing & fro'ing I'm about to drop $5,000 with Sanhe, but I've just received the TT details...

SWIFT NO.: BKCHCNBJ220
    BENEFICIARY: ZHIJIANG (FIRST NAME) HOU (LAST NAME)

Now, call me paranoid (I tend to get very tetchy when I'm about to wave off $5000 of my hard earned), but I'd expected to see Sanhe Music as the beneficiary not the bloke I've been dealing with! (maybe he's overdue a cruise?)

So, to anyone who has TT'ed Sanhe, could you please confirm the above?
    Last edited by peskywinnets; 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM.

I sent them considerably less by PayPal a few weeks ago and haven't seen (or heard) anything from them yet, so I'll be watching this issue.

My naive monkey bone sez they're probably straight.

Bob Palmieri

Comment

When I bought stuff from G&B it was to someone's personal PayPal account and not the company. I guess it's the way they do things. On the other hand when I bought magnets from Sensmag I wired it to their bank under the company name.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I prefer sending paypal, but the 4% surcharge on the $5000 transaction amount that they wanted was a killer.

Care to check your paypal transaction to see if there's an indication of a certain Messr "Hou" being the receipient!

Also they're quoting something like 7 days from the order to my door (& for the money I'm paying, I expect nothing less than a guy in space shuttle uniform to say "Sign here mate".)....what did they quote you for delivery?

Comment

Well the explanation goes like this....if you ask them to ....ahem....tweak the shipment value down to minimize your import tax exposure (not saying that I did ...I love paying tax), then you have TT his own bank account!

.....yeah, GTF!

Comment

How on earth did you manage to spend 5 grand on pickup parts anyway? Are you mental?
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
              How on earth did you manage to spend 5 grand on pickup parts anyway? Are you mental?
              Am I menthol? Me? I'm totally firkin' Eucalyptus.

In answer to your question...they don't just sell pickup parts ....and of the $5,000 .......$1,000 was for delivery by private jet, which leaves approx $4,000 on parts (about £2,500) ....which doesn't exactly put me in the high roller category. When there's an "r" in the month, I'm quite partial to importing the odd few hundred pieces of tools from Japan ...similar amounts of coin involved...but not the slightest bit of issue...all as smooth as silk.

It strikes me...you lot need me to the land of the rising sun, setup shop & then send little pieces of ABS plastic worth 5 cents to you all....cos this present manner of trying to secure prices, quotes, shipping info & payment/delivery terms is bordering on farce.
              Last edited by peskywinnets; 05-06-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
                $1,000 was for delivery by private jet...
                That's a joke, right? I ordered 400 pickup covers from Korea, and it wasn't all that much to ship. Maybe $40? I don't remember.

Oh and $5,000 is £3,054.46.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

The private jet was a joke, but the $1,000 delivery cost wasn't (my order weighs 135kg) ....but like I say, it wasn't just bobbins!!

My GBP conversion was on the cost of the parts ($4,000)...and it was just a gut instinct conversion...I didn't use an online converter!

Comment

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
                    .I didn't use an online converter!
                    I didn't use an online converter either. There is one built into Mac OS X.

Comment

How did this turn out ? ,I want to place an order in the spring
                      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

In my opinion they're a bunch of jokers.

No prices on their site ...so it's *painful* in the extreme to put an order together with them.

After much to'ing & fro'ing, we eventually get a quote/agreed price - but it all went pear when I asked him to erhm, [cough] massage the shipping invoice .....he said he could, but the money would have to go into his personal bank account!!!

Yeah right....GTF! So the order was withdrawn & I took up collecting bus tickets & airline sick bags instead.

Comment

Thanks .....I might just look elsewhere
                          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                          X