Ampeg svt 350h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg svt 350h

I'm looking over an SVT 350h that has extremely low, distorted output. As I was hooking up the ground lead from the scope I noticed that the ground was arcing to the chassis. Put the meter on it and it's reading +6vac. But this is only with the cord plugged in (power off). As soon as the cord is unplugged, the voltage disappears and the arcing stops. Looking at the schematic, the only thing it seems like it could be is C1. C1 is the only point were the hot leg is tied to neutral/ground before the power switch. I guess my question is whether or not this could be normal, possibly due to the cap being uncharged and a small amount of voltage leaking across it? Or should I be looking elsewhere.
    Thanks as always for ideas and assistance.
    Attached Files

Do both the amp and the scope have 3 prong plugs with ground connected? Where are you measuring the 6VAC from (what are your black and red meter leads connected to)?
    I don't know how the chassis could have 6V on it if it is grounded through a 3 prong plug.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
    X