Tone Stack Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Stack Tweaks

Here's a tone stack that IMO works pretty well, from a Crate GFX15 of all things - I added a high-impedance version on the right:

In the first half of its rotation, the mid control exhibits a narrowband mid-mid boost instead of the usual everything-but-bass-and-treble deal. The bass control's action is pretty similar to most Fender blackface stacks, and the treble control has a reduced apparent boost, with most of the increase occurring above the range of 12" guitar speakers. My take is that the small treble cap value brings the treble control's range above that of the mid control, allowing it to 'do its thing' without dilution or excessive interaction.

Nothing stunning or revolutionary, just a useful variation on an old theme.

Ray
    Attached Files

Thanks Ray

Thanks Ray

That looks interesting. Where one has limited chassis room I suppose one could make a 2 knob stack by, ala BF Fender DR, selecting a resistor value (or dialing 'it' in with the pot before replacing it) to replace the mid pot without losing the narrowband benefit. A good starting point might be , say, somewhere in the 4K to 7K range.

Please pardon the musing and thanks again...
    Philip Morrison

Comment

Working...
    X