New to this Gauss, Gauss question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this Gauss, Gauss question

Hi, i am new on this gauss meter instrument. What is the difference between milligauss meter and gauss meter? can milligauss meter use to measure magnet??

Not really. Gauss meters need to handle the 100-1500 Gauss range to be useful in pickup work

Comment

For comparison, the earth's magnetic field is around 500-650 milligauss while pickup magnets often measure at 500-1000 gauss on the surface.
      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I have a milligauss meter, and when I tried to measure the small bar magnet, the value is .5 mT, does it make sense? I thought a magnet should have gauss instead of milli Telsa?

Comment

1 Tesla = 10,000 Gauss
          1 mT = 1 milliTesla = 10 Gauss
          0.5 mT = 5 Gauss

Sounds a little weak for a bar magnet.
          "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

yeah, that's what I thought too. Maybe becoz is a milligauss meter that's y, it won't measure the correct value of a magnet bar? Also is not mT, is uT, sigh any idea? maybe I bought the wrong meter??

Comment

Working...
            X