No announcement yet.

Carlsbro Cobra 90 KB preamp circuit diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still not used to the fact that camera's are getting better and my eyes are getting worse.
    Now that I have made a photograph, I can see that there is a dot between the 2 and the 5.
    Without magnification I thought it said: T2-5A
    If it is T2.5A then it makes sence and I can get myself some 2.5A fuses.

carlsbro_fuses.jpg

There are 2 fuses, connected between the transformer and the rectifiers.
    I don't know the exact moment when the fuse has blown, probably when the amp was switched on.
    I guess the fuse slowly degraded during many years of service.

Comment

Fine.
      Please remember that the "T" at the beginning is important, meaning "(T)ime fuse" , a.k.a "Slow Blow" and you must order them that way.
      A regular fuse will easily burn on the turn on thump, so get the proper ones.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hi. I know this is an old tread, but never the less.
        I also have a Carlsbro Kb90- and I have some diagrams for the amp as well. See Attachments
        My amp has a wery strange problem. Perhaps somebody has an idea. It plays well for 6-7 hours and then it turns unstable, the sound comes and goes and at last it is totally gone. I can turn it off and after 15 minutes I can have it running for 30 minutes without problems. I have allready tried with contact spray and have been through Allmost all meldings. Does anyone have an idea where to look ?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	carlsbro%20cobra%2090kb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	828887
        Attached Files

Comment

Try changing all the controls one at a time when this happens and carefully record the effect each has on the problem. This should give some clues as to where the problem might be.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks nickb. This is a good advise and I will try to remember it next time it happends.
            The problem is that it never happends when I am testing- probably because my wife complains when I play it lout for hours :-)
            It would be really nice to have a 4 Ohm 100W resistance to use as a load for the first 6 hours. Perhaps I should try to find one
            I have found some more Carlsbro Cobra KB 90 diagrams. See Attachements.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool !!
              This is the Cobra 90 Bass version.
              Now we only need the guitar one to complete the trio
              I visited England in '86 (same year of this version) and **everybody** used them live, they were in every Pub band backline .... yet nobody acknowledged it.
              Simple, good, reliable, but the snobbish mentality "I'm driving a cheap car but "my other" car is a Mercedes" killed them.
              They were the British equivalent of Crate and Peavey but "nobody famous used them", so ....

The PA/Kb line looks like an HH knockoff.
              Which were *the* popular Club/Pub PA.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X