How to put a Digitech RP-1 back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put a Digitech RP-1 back together

Should be as simple as doing the opposite of taking it apart? I can get the jacks in all the way albeit at an angle, and clear the stems of the two level controls, but CANNOT get the function buttons to go into place. I guess I could pull the caps off the buttons and deal with the little teeny tiny springs, but I would rather post this first before trying that. Your suggestions appreciated!

This is in the wrong forum, but I'll post a comment anyway.

First , I try not to repair cheap pedals like the RP-1. When the pedal sells for $50 you have to ask yourself is it worth my time to fix something like this?

Second, if you doing it because its fun, I can relate to that. So, in my experience, I have had to remove switches and jacks to put boards back in because I was afraid of breaking the PCB. Then its a challenge to line up the pins to the pads. Also, I have had to pry the enclosure open a little to slip the jacks into the holes in the enclosure. The Digitech Whammy 1 and 4 is a good example of that. You have to be careful not to scratch the paint.

I would say pull the switch caps off and take your time putting them back with the springs. its a PITA, I know, but it makes you wornder how the hell they put it together. Labor costs must be high?

Comment

Thanks for the reply! That's what I did. Took the caps off all the switches and then after the board was in place held the pedal more or less up-side down to install the buttons and springs back in.
      I didn't do this for fun. I did it for $44. Putting the two replacement push switches in the No. 2 and 7 spot was a messy job too. No more of this stuff for me.
      Plus it looked like the unit had been hacked on before either at the factory or by someone who was not "about" neatness.
      Hey if the maintenance, Troubleshooting and repair forum is not correct for this type of repair what is?

Comment

I understand and sometimes you do what you gotta do. I've lost count of the number of guitar pedals I've repaired where someone else has tried to fix it and made it worse. I've even had pedals sent to me in pieces with screws thrown in the shipping box sending the message they were fed up with it and gave up. Most of the time I see it as a challenge and it's R&R for me too.

Glad you got it back together.

Being this is the amp forum, I figured the RP-1 is a guitar effect. I think you may of had more responses??

Comment

Working...
        X