Motion Sound SR-112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Sound SR-112

A Motion Sound SR-112 cabinet was brought to me with a rattle that turned out to be a loose t-nut inside, related to a missing foot, but I wanted to check one other detail.

On close inspection, there's a hole in the side of the enclosure from original production (paint overspray in it) directly behind the speaker magnet. It looks like it had a bolt in it at one time, but it's gone now. Having seen this arrangement in a G-K bass amp, I was wondering if it originally had a rubber cylinder or something similar between the speaker magnet and the side of the enclosure to damp cabinet vibrations.

I called Motion Sound, and I was told that they couldn't answer my question because no one currently employed there has ever seen one of these cabinets. Nor do they know if they have any parts diagrams... I guess it's now officially an "orphaned" product.

Yes it might, or even a wooden block, if approppriate thickness for a tight fit.
    Searched for the SR112: nice design.
    Might even build something similar just for fun.
    In fact I *did* commercially build Leslie clones in my youth, complete with the 2 motors, and the unique magnetic pull which raised the small one rotor (and axis/spindle) when energized.
    For a one-off I will probably make the rotor out of thin plywood, like the old ones, and use a DC motor with electronic speed control.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
      Searched for the SR112: nice design.
      It's basically a Leslie Model 16, complete with the feature of being able to switch back and forth between the SR-112 and a stationary speaker.

Comment

Working...
      X