LANEY with no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LANEY with no power

I have a Laney VC30 100 watt valve amp. I usually play a Les Paul through the low input jack. Last time I played there was no power at all through this input, however there is total power through the high input jack. Could this happen if the valves are faulty or would that affect both inputs?

It would effect both inputs . I would say your low input jack came unsoldered from the pcb board. Are there any mute buttons on it ?
    KB

Comment

No mute buttons

There are no mute buttons that I know of. I plugged in once more and the low input jack had full noise for about 3 chords, then lost power again. Just tried it before sending this reply and Hi was perfect, Lo nothing. Is it easy to check and resolder a connection?

Comment

The hardest part is taking everything apart to get to it. All of the knobs have to come off and probably many connectors and wires. That's why many techs don't like to work on PCB type amps. I charge for time and time is money but that's just how it is. It's easy to do point to point and many PCB amps aren't really hard just hard to take apart. Wires soldered to the board are a pain like the Carvin XV 100 amp but the amp sounds good when working right. I'm not positive your problem is a loose jack and you can visually inspect it or wiggle it gently to see if the jack leads are loose once you can get to them. Not anything especially hard about resoldering a connection just time consuming.
        KB

Comment

Working...
        X